Sunday, May 25, 2008

Put the trust back

I am beginning to trust our medical system in the Philippines.

Last night was the most horrible and excruciatingly long night I've ever had. I experienced a really bad stomachache and tell you, it was really painful. I haven't experienced it before and fortunately the nearest hospital is just to blocks away...whew!

I annoyingly woke my parents up at two in the morning because the pain won't go away. I started to puke and the next thing i know, i was in the middle of my parents' bed rolling over because I can't lay straight...

So, my parents decided to take me to the hospital. So at 3 am, we went to the hospital..

We went straight to the emergency room which was empty except for the two nurses chatting. The next thing i knew, I was who being checked by the nurses and the doctor...They weighed me, took my BP and my temperature...I had a funny feeling though because it was my first time to be taken to a hospital ever...

I was not feeling nauseous or what, but my stomach was just crying in pain!

Anyway,they asked me to go to bed but still I can't lie down. So i just took a seat...Until I saw one of the nurses preparing a syringe...And then she went to me and gave me the painful shot!
Wow, I haven't remember how it first felt when i had a shot when i was younger...I must have been really brave when i was a baby...

But the most amazing thing happened...After giving me the shot, i felt the pain starting to go away...as in really it was gone!

Yey! I was waiting for my mother to come back and when she did they asked me if i was ok...and i said i was..and they started to laugh...hahaha

and then we went home...

And so that was the end of a really long struggle...so Kudos to the people of Mindanao Medical Center who took care of me really early this morning!

Ha! Our medical system is not that bad after all...so let's be thankful for that!

No comments: